Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gingerbread Time

Our first family photo with all of us in it...I took 4 of them and that is the best we got :)

Note the look on Wes' face in the above photo...this photo is taken right after Asher decided to dump all the itty bitty candies on the table and half ended up on the floor.

Yes, we even forced Aidan to join in on the "fun" and put a few candies on. He thought he was too cool to decorate...why wouldn't a 10 year old boy love this????


Our finished product is in the photo above and you can find my post down below:

Last year I bought a "giant" gingerbread house to decorate with the kids. The kit sat in our garage for an entire year until today. I decided, since we were going to have a "home day" it would be fun? to decorate this house. The kids had already done some decorating on a house that Grandma Barb had built but that was over a month ago...so...off I went to mix the icing. About 10 minutes into the icing mixing and trying to get the house to stick together I was questioning "why am I doing this??" as there seemed to be icing EVERYWHERE(so much so that I was afraid to get the good camera out to even attempt a photo) and I am sure the little guys ate half of what was supposed to be our building glue. Anyways, after that dried and I had cleaned up a little and everyone had lunch we began to decorate. Wes took over the icing duties while I snapped away with the camera (one of my favorite places to be). After the decorating and vacuuming was done we decided we would keep the gingerbread tradition for Grandma Barbs house :)




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!!! Your 'first' family photo is fantastic!!! (good job with the house too...but I agree, it's a lot of work!!) You're all looking fabulous, my friend!! Abigail is just too cute for words! Is that Alexa's shirt she's wearing? :) thanks for putting some pictures up... keep them coming this week, with all of your festivities!! G