Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Tree Tradition

In 1999 I started buying a Christmas ornament and putting a photo in it of the each child...well at that time there was only Aidan. I have done that every year since then and so you can imagine our tree is getting nice and full of "photo ornaments." What better ornaments could there be for someone who loves photos so much? Aidan is on his 10th ornament this year and Abigail is on her first. Each year when I take the ornaments out of the box I love seeing how the kids have changed over the year(s) and take much time and care to make sure they are wrapped carefully when it is time to put them away. I treasure these as my heart lies in each one holds memories of each of our children at a certain time in their lives.

Here are the ornaments for 2009:




3 comments:

Karalee said...

great idea!! Love the tree too and look at that little abby in the frame, she's such a doll!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

That is a fantastic idea. I don't do the photos, but our kids each get a new ornament every year. So B hung 12 this year (except he didn't hang them b/c he's an adolescent and way too cool to join in trimming the tree). :)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos Shauna!! You will never regret starting this tradition.... :) Talk to soon
G