Monday, January 17, 2011

For Today...

For Today (January, 17, 2010)

Outside my window...I see dark, smoke coming out of the chimney of the house across the street, street lights making our neighborhood glow on this wintery evening

I am thinking...I am tired and want to crawl into bed...it is 9:30pm and everyone in the house is asleep.  I rarely get to enjoy THIS kind of quiet where the noisiest thing is the hummm of the lap top and clicking of the keys as I type...

I am thankful for...a new prayer partner, baby Israelle, my health, being asked to do a presentation on Faithbooking to the ladies at Friendship Factor on Wednesday morning, the desire to read my bible and actually understand it, that my faith keeps growing even when I least expect something to apply to me

From the kitchen...YUMMY apple glazed ham and southwestern quinoa we had for supper...tried out a new coconut banana bread recipe today but it was half un-cooked...so glad my big boys like raw baking :)

I am wearing...COZY TOZ (love love love these socks), ripped jeans, pink lulu hoodie...

I am creating...working on "Project Life" and lovin' that so much!  Working on power point presentation on Faithbooking for Wednesday...
I am going
...to keep my coffee date with my great friend tomorrow morning


I am reading... "Shepherding a Child's Heart", my bible, scrapbooking magazines, "Taste of Home" cookbook...
I am hoping...that all kids sleep through the night...Abigail had a hard time going to sleep tonight which is unusual for her...probably teething-related

I am hearing...the furnace kick in...it was -18 degrees Celcius today when I went to take Addison to pre-school

Around the house...I am trying to organize and STAY organized...doing a little bit each day..on day 4 now and going strong!  Wes is lovin' the results and so am I!

One of my favorite things....when my wonderful husband brings me a coffee when I get out of the shower and gives me "quiet time" to get myself ready in the morning...

A few plans for the rest of the week...2 coffee dates with girlfriends, Faithbooking presentation, organize bathroom closet, organize Abigail closet, help Aidan study as he has 3 tests this week...

A photo for today...  the loves of my life...eating Cheesy Biscuits and Fagioli Soup the other night



2 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

Lovely, I love how you paint such beautiful pictures with your words :D

Emma said...

I love reading your blog updates:)