Monday, July 25, 2011

All Our Imperfection...

This is us last Sunday at the park.  We met our Lifegroup down at Kin Kanyon and ate smores, sang worship songs and attempted to have some Godly discussion and catch up with each other and our lives and prayer requests.  I say "attempted" as there was some distraction with our kiddies...or mine in particular.  Asher crying because he couldn't "win" while racing another friend he made at the playground and our sweet little Abigail running around and climbing everything in site like the little wild woman that she is.


While I was watching the kids playing I saw this above...Asher's shorts on backwards.  He has been priding himself on getting himself dressed lately.  The thing is...I don't know when this even happened.  Had he been walking around all day with his shorts on like this?  Oh, he gives me a giggle sometimes!



And here is our Abigail on the swings.  Do you see her hair?  She pulled out her pony when we were driving to the park and her hair was an absolute mess....way too long, hanging in her face....something that would have drove. me. crazy. if my hair was hitting my face and hanging over my eyes.  Nope not this girl...did not slow her down a bit.  This hair-do caused me stress in being so messy...I like my kids to have neat hair...pretty hair especially for my girl.

So....in sharing with you these 2 photos this is what I am learning as a mom and follower of Christ.....

  • just because something bothers me doesn't mean it will bother someone else
  • shorts on backwards is OK if it promotes a persons independence and self-worth
  • all our imperfections don't make us who we are....and God sees us each as a wonderful and unique creation that He has fearfully and wonderfully made
  • we are to be celebrated for who we are...we will not be compared to others by the One True Judge
  • the heart of worship is surrendering your life AS IT IS to God...
  • God has given us each gifts and abilities to be utilized for His kingdom, don't you want to hear "Well done good and faithful servant!  You have been faithful with a few things;  I will put you in charge of many things.  Come and share your master's happiness."  (Matthew 25:21)  I sure do!

3 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

AMEN sista!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww hun! As I was reading your post, It came to me how precious your blogging is. You have an amazing gift! You, my wonderful wife, have the utmost transparency and strive for a life that is,"of Him" I can't even begin to say how blessed I am to have such a genuine and and faithful wife, who loves her family. I sure do love my Shaun! you truly rock my world!!!

jennifer richard said...

very nice and cute child