Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lady Liberty

Many have asked about the New York photos...I seriously have not even looked at them since we arrived home. The birth of my niece was so much more special to me...the photos and New York experience sort of took a back seat. So, today I looked through all the 700 photos we took in New York. There are so many photos, so many things I want to tell you about, so I decided to do one thing at a time.

One our third day in New York we took a water taxi over to see the Statue of Liberty. This was one of the major things I wanted to do while in NYC. I really wanted to take a ferry and go to the island it is on and walk around to get as up close and personal as they would let us (security to go out there is similar to the airport after 9/11) but the day we chose to go out there was one of the windiest and coolest days of our vacation. As you can see, I even bought a hat...more to contain my hair and keep my ears from falling off then for the style that is for sure!! Anyways, I could barely keep my eyes open because of the wind (notice the flag straight out?), hence I needed a photo to prove that was me in front of the Statue of Liberty. One first perception was that I thought she would be larger then she appeared from the water taxi. Maybe one needed to go to the pedestal of the statue to get the full effect...I think that is my one regret about the trip is that we didn't go as close as we could have to see one of the world's most famous statues. I also found out many interesting facts and history involved with Lady Liberty that I did not know before which I enjoyed. It makes it worth it to learn a little history when you are in the presence of it, you know what I mean? Anyways, here is one blog of photos...many more to come :)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!!! Glad to see some more are on the way ... :) I love seeing the history when learning about it... Keep the stories coming!!!!
G

The Beys said...

Cool pics, Shauna! Love the hat!! Can't wait to see more...

Covered In Crafts said...

Great photographs!

Janine Wahl said...

Very cool, Shauna. I really, really want to go to New York. I'll get there one day. Thanks for sharing the photos and hopefully we'll see you soon.

Drop me a line sometime. I have to go back to Crossroads one of these days.