Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Hockey

Wes and I spent New Years Eve at an Oilers vs. Flames game at the Saddledome in Calgary. I was planning on getting Wes tickets to this game for Christmas, spending much too much money on something I know he would love. Then we decided to go to New York and said we wouldn't buy each other Christmas presents this year and use our trip as our present. So, I didn't get the tickets. Then on Monday Wes found some decent seats on E-Bay for face value so we bought them, and thanks to my parents for keeping the little guys over night we were able to have a New Years Eve date. It was so much fun! I was, of course, outnumbered by only a few thousand, as an Oilers fan in the "C of Red" but I was ok with that...I didn't get ice thrown at me or anything...bonus! Oilers were the first to score and held the lead until sometime in the second period, then the Flames dominated and the end score was 6-4. I am so proud to report there was not one fight during the entire game...now that is the hockey I like!!! One thing I am not so proud of is getting into a bit of trouble...well it was my cameras fault actually. All it wanted to do was take photos...and a security lady asked me once to put it away as she said my camera was considered "professional" because of the size of lens...come on, I could barely see their faces I said. Well I tried to be sneaky and she came over to me again and said I would have to "put it away or they would take it away." Wasn't that usually me saying to my kids?? So yes, I listened to the lady, who was only doing her job and put it away until the end of the game. Then the Saddledome put on a little fireworks display over the ice and we drove home and had our New Years smoochy poochy while we were on the highway. What a great date with the guy I loooove!






2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Naughty girl! That is a pretty awesome camera. Great pictures. (I took pictures at Riverdance, with one eye looking over my shoulder to make sure no one threw me out, lol.)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! That's a great New Years date! Too bad about the camera... :(
G