Friday, January 30, 2009

Self-Portrait

As someone who is behind the camera a lot, today I decided to take some photos of myself.

I feel comfortable when I am in control of the shutter.

I can take as many shots as I want and don't feel one bit uncomfortable in my own skin when it is my hand holding the camera.
I can smile, I can suck in my cheeks to make it appear like I have cheek bones, I can close my eyes, I can leave out certain "flaws" that I don't want you to see.

In these two photos I am highlighting 2 features of my face that I like...lips with lots of gloss, and an eye that is full of non-mommy make-up which displays beautiful colors of green and brown.

What would you hightlight in your self portrait??


4 comments:

The Beys said...

Wow, those photos are amazing! I need you to teach me how to do MY eye make up!! Gorgeous pics Shauna, you look fantastic:)

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I'd definitely highlight the eyes, with more makeup than normal (I mean, who has time to put on eye makeup every day, lol). You are beautiful, with no flaws that need hiding. Our little knicks and scratches just make the beauty more evident.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!! You look great!!
G

Anonymous said...

Pretty girl....